- 1898 - Built by Samuel Hossack and his sons.
- 1910 - Following a fire, Church renovated and vestibule and stained glass windows were added.
- 2002 – Committee formed to seek historical designation and restoration
- 2003 – Designated a municipal heritage site.
- 2002/03 – Experts visit and offer advice
- 2004, July – Stained glass window removed
- 2004, September – Preliminary engineer’s report received
- 2004, October – Church closed for safety reasons, external bracing of external walls carried out
- 2004, November – Fundraising begins
- 2005, January - $50,000 raised by pledges and donations
- 2005, June – Permission to proceed received from Diocese of Brandon.
- 2005, November – Grant received from Anglican Foundation
- 2006, spring – Removal of interior walls and furnishings
- 2006, November – Final engineer’s drawings received
- 2007, July – Building permit secured. Stones numbered in order to facilitate exact placement when walls were reconstructed.
- 2007, October – Stonemason removed east wall to allow contractor access
- 2007, November/December – Interior excavation, backfill, compacting, erect concrete pads and piers. Discovered at this time that more restoration than originally thought was needed; estimates rose from $180,000 to $300,000.
- 2008, June – Stonemason removed vestibule, removing remaining east and south wall stones. Exterior framing completed.
- 2008, July – Stone wall reconstruction begins
- 2008, November – Roof supports removed, interior framing, walls and sub-floor basement work completed.
- 2008, December – Interior rewired and new gyproc installed on south and east walls
- 2009, January to June – existing windows restored, new glass installed and plexiglass placed on east window
- 2009, September – Furnace reinstalled
- 2009, October – Exterior cracks on north and west walls repaired, exterior foundation waterproofed, new cement sills for windows and doors installed and site graded to allow for proper drainage
- 2009, November to December – Gyproc on south and east walls taped and sanded, plaster reveals completed for south and east walls and repairing and sanding of existing old plaster on west and north walls
- 2010, January – new entrance door installed
- 2010, June and July – flooring and wainscot reinstalled and wiring completed.
- 2010, July – soffit and facia repaired and shingles and eavestrough replaced.
- 2010, July and August – welcome visitors for viewing.
- 2010, August – interior painting completed
The restoration committee would like to thank financial supporters including
- Fundraising events
- Current residents
- Former residents from 6 provinces, USA and Great Britain
- Local and area businesses
- Village of Cartwright
- RM of Roblin
- Historical Society
- Cartwright & Area Foundation
- Diocese of Brandon
- Anglican Foundation of Canada
- Anglican church groups across Canada
- Cartwright United Church
- Holmfield Community Church
- Manitoba Community Places grants
- Manitoba Designated Historical Building grants
- Prairie Rural Churches project (funded jointly by Kaplan Foundation of New York and Thomas Sill Foundation of Manitoba)
- Hometown Manitoba grant
- Burton Charitable Foundation
- Jackman Foundation
Donations may be made to –
Christ Church Restoration Fund
Box 274, Cartwright, MB ROK OLO
Tax receipts will be issued